Ahhh the joys of finding your dream wedding dress!!! It is truly a remarkable feeling when you know that you have found the “one” But…don’t get it twisted. Sometimes you have to go through hell before you find that special dress. So I just want every bride to be to follow this simple check list, because trust me, it will help you!!
1) Do your darn research before even stepping foot in a bridal salon. Bring a few pictures of gowns that you think will look good on you but also be open to trying something you normally wouldn’t. This way you can decide what style suits you best: traditional ball gown, straight empire, mermaid, trumpet style, etc.
2) PLAN. PLAN. PLAN. Dolls you have to give yourself at least 6-12 months to order a designer bridal gown. Please do not think your poor bridal consultant can snap her fingers and get it for you in 2 weeks!
3) Do not go over your budget!!! please understand why you choose your budget and stick to it. A lot of women forget how much alterations, veils & accessories can cost.
4) For the love of all that is sweet, please, I beg of you, do not bring 20 people to your appointment. Bring one or two friends or family, like your mom, a close friend, etc. Make sure you bring people that you can trust and who will help you select the perfect dress for YOU- not them!
5) Don’t be a HATER – try to keep an open mind and listen to your consultant, and be open to trying some of her suggestions. Gowns can be so darn deceiving and look exquisite on the mannequin but look another way on you. If possible, try on as many styles as you can.
6) Please wear appropriate undergarments , since you will be undressing in front of someone you never met before. Also, try and bring a strapless bra. Nothing is worse than trying on a gorgeous, strapless gown with hideous straps showing.
7) Stay TRUE to you. Only you and you alone will know when it is the “one”. If you have to be reassured that the gown looks amazing on you, it’s probably not the “one”.