Shine bright like a diamond baby! This is going to be the motto of 2013 ya’ll. Now I know I am guilty of always making my list of new years resolution’s and not sticking to them and I feel like one of the reasons nothing ever goes through is A) Some of my past resolutions have just been wack and B) LAZINESSSSS. Instead of doing something unattainable like dropping 60lbs without putting in any effort I have decided this is the year I am going set realistic goals! Here is my little list of how I want to make me a better person:
1) Eat breakfast like a king at least 3-4 times a week. Now the reason I have put this down for 3-4 times a week is because I know myself and I know my life can get crazy in a matter of minutes…and when I say eat breakfast like a king I simply mean a breakfast that isn’t a shake or drink or a breakfast sandwich from timmy’s. I am going to make omelette’s & french toast and my mother in laws delicious tomato and feta cheese concoction!
2) Go for walks….Yup! Walking ya’ll. Did you know that just by incorporating 30-40 minutes of walking to your day you reduce the risk of heart disease, developing colon cancer and diabetes + It helps control weight, develop muscle and reduce body fat. Something so simple and doable. I’m going to ask juju if he wants in on some of this walking action!
3) My Persian heritage means the world to me. It’s something I am very proud and one thing I have wanted to do for a few years now is to learn how to write in Farsi/Persian again….by the grace of god and my mamas patience I know how to speak Farsi fluently but I want to be able to write my family back in Iran! ps-> I am a sucker for letter writing and there is nothing sweeter than receiving a sweet little love notes from my grandma :)
4) Stop spending my free time watching my guilty pleasures like The Kardashians & Shahs of Sunset. This is going to be a hard one but I am going to try and replace this habit with 30 minutes of reading from past favorite books!
5) My last resolution is the most important to me…I want to be a better wife to my juju. Now don’t get me wrong….I’m not a monster or anything like that :p however, I sometimes let my emotions get the best of me and he unfortunately usually has to hear about it and/or deal with that side of me that I’m not so proud of. So to my sweet husband Bassim, I promise I will think before I speak…Learn to forgive others…Treat myself as sweet as you treat me…and not get mad at you when you ask if I want to go to the gym with you….Love you juju!
I am going to work my butt off to try and achieve these goals and work on monitering them and showing you the progress dolls! and if I start to forget…please call me out on it! Wishing everyone so much success and happiness on all of their goals! ps-> the photo of me above shining bright like a diamond was taken by Nima Malekraeisi of funwithlight photography. He’s uber awesome!Tags: Birds & Honey, Personal